Artist-led Youth Mural
Request for Proposals
Deadline: Friday November 9, 2018
The City of Burlington seeks proposals from professional mural artists or teams experienced with community engagement to create a mural in collaboration with local youth (ages 14-18). The lead artist/ team will engage with youth throughout the development and execution of the project and will be expected to lead workshops to develop appropriate local content and to mentor youth in the mural making process. The mural will be unveiled as part of National Youth Week (May 2019).
- Develop and lead a creative workshop for youth designed to identify artwork themes and to inform youth about the mural making process. This workshop will be delivered at four different locations (maximum).
- Using information gathered during the workshops, develop a mural concept and present to youth for feedback (one in-person workshop/event)
- Design, create and install mural in collaboration with youth
- Reflect a spirit of inclusivity throughout the entire process – from concept development to final artwork
- Provide youth participants with a tangible, hands-on opportunity to create a public art mural
- Create a contemporary, professional mural using imagery inspired by the youth participants
How to Apply
Please download the full Request for Proposals document for additional project details and application package: Youth-led Mural RFP (pdf)
Applications may be submitted online or by mail.
Click here to begin the online application: Online Application