The City of Burlington invites professional artists and designers to submit design proposals for a custom relief that will be applied to the concrete portions of the Pine Cove Bridge barrier walls (Burlington, Ontario). The successful artist will be awarded $10,000 for their designs and will be required to submit their artwork as a vector file. All costs and tasks associated with the fabrication, installation and maintenance of the artwork will be paid for by the City of Burlington.
Important! Please read the full Request for Proposals before submitting your application as this contains important project information. Click HERE to download the Call for Artists document (pdf)
Applications must include the following:
1. Artwork Design Sketches: Submit a maximum of three (3) preliminary design sketches that are representative of the style and theme of the proposed artwork.
The sketch must be submitted as a black and white line drawing, in JPEG format.
2. Artist Statement: Submit a brief statement outlining the inspiration for your design (500 words maximum).
3. Curriculum Vitae: Outline recent qualifications and artistic activities (4 pages maximum).
4. Artwork Samples: Submit a maximum of six (6) images of your past artwork. Please note:
Please label the images so it corresponds with your image list (example: 1.Artwork Title.jpeg)
Images must be in high resolution JPEG format, suitable for screen projection
5. Image List: A list of the artwork samples submitted. Please include: title of artwork, materials, dimensions, date and location of artwork (if applicable).
Important! Please download and read the full Call for Artists document (pdf) as this contains important project information.
You will need to create a free account to use our online application system. Please do not hesitate to contact Kim Selman: firstname.lastname@example.org or 905-515-9334 if you need help accessing the system.